Au Boudoir Écarlate
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Au Boudoir Écarlate

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le Deal du moment :
Bon plan achat en duo : 2ème robot cuiseur ...
Voir le deal
600 €

CHAMBERS Joanna - Merry & Bright

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Karen
Admin
Admin
Karen

CHAMBERS Joanna  - Merry & Bright Empty
MessageSujet: CHAMBERS Joanna - Merry & Bright   CHAMBERS Joanna  - Merry & Bright Icon_minitime1Ven 17 Nov - 12:20

CHAMBERS Joanna  - Merry & Bright 51hjmv10

Merry & Bright
Joanna Chambers

Sortie le 23 novembre 2017

Quatrième de couverture :

Three seasonal love stories from Joanna Chambers

Humbug

Quin Flint is unimpressed when his gorgeous colleague, Rob Paget, asks for extra time off at Christmas. As far as Quin is concerned, Christmas is a giant waste of time. Quin’s on the fast track to partnership, and the season of goodwill is just getting in the way of his next big project. But when Quin’s boss, Marley, confiscates his phone and makes him take an unscheduled day off, Quin finds himself being forced to confront his regrets, past and present, and think about the sort of future he really wants…and who he wants it with.

Mr Perfect’s Christmas

Sam Warren’s new job hasn’t been going so well so the last thing he’s in the mood for is the obligatory office Christmas party, particularly since Nick Foster’s going to be there. Nick–the guy whose shoes Sam has been trying to fill–seems to take very opportunity to point out where Sam’s going wrong. But when Sam receives an unexpected Secret Santa gift at the party, he’s forced to question his assumptions about his rival. Could it be that he’s been misinterpreting Nick’s actions all along? And is it possible that his reluctant attraction to Nick is reciprocated?

Rest and Be Thankful

Things haven’t been going well for Cam McMorrow since he moved to Inverbechie. His business is failing, his cottage is falling apart and following his very public argument with café owner Rob Armstrong, he’s become a social outcast. Cam needs to get away from his troubles and when his sister buys him a ticket to the biggest Hogmanay party in Glasgow, he can’t leave Inverbechie quick enough. But when events conspire to strand him in the middle of nowhere in a snowstorm, not only is he liable to miss the party, he’ll also have to ask his nemesis, Rob, for help.

Lien AmazonCHAMBERS Joanna  - Merry & Bright Ir?t=auboueca-21&l=am2&o=8&a=B0776R441X

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
sri

CHAMBERS Joanna  - Merry & Bright Empty
MessageSujet: Re: CHAMBERS Joanna - Merry & Bright   CHAMBERS Joanna  - Merry & Bright Icon_minitime1Mer 22 Nov - 12:15

My review of this lovely book:

This is one of those rare covers where the font of all things drew me in and I was so thrilled to start it because well, Christmas is around and I'm in the mood for some cheer. And it really delivered on the Christmas fluff and love I was looking for.

Humbug: A modern take on Scrooge's story. And what a beautiful topic to touch upon. The protagonist was swept away with the wind of his ambition the way a lot of people I've known around me tend to do. He was handed sad and bitter truths but he needed those slaps of reality and I for one am really glad that he took the decision to improve upon himself and not ignore the self-discovery. Wonderful short. It was very well written.  

Mr. Perfect's Christmas: I loved how small this story was. It made sense because the scene was of one party and any longer the story would've felt stretched. This story resonated with me on a personal level because I share the profession of the protagonist and I understand his work related insecurities entirely too well. Very sweet story. The gift giving cracked me up. I loved it!

Rest and Be Thankful: A lot of learning in this story. The protagonist is in a slump in more ways than one and getting yourself out of these dark valleys need a lot of lessons in life and this short story was a good teacher to the protagonist. I really liked the story. It shows as humans just how vulnerable we are. Its quite beautiful.

This book gets a well deserved 5.0 rating from me. It was a lovely read. This is my first book from the author and after reading it I've realised it wont be my last.

All my love,
sri
Revenir en haut Aller en bas

CHAMBERS Joanna - Merry & Bright
Page 1 sur 1