Au Boudoir Écarlate
Vous souhaitez réagir à ce message ? Créez un compte en quelques clics ou connectez-vous pour continuer.

Au Boudoir Écarlate

AccueilAccueil  PortailPortail  Dernières imagesDernières images  RechercherRechercher  S'enregistrerS'enregistrer  ConnexionConnexion  
Le deal à ne pas rater :
Jeux, jouets et Lego : le deuxième à -50% (large sélection)
Voir le deal

WELCH Lee - Mended with Gold

2 participants
AuteurMessage
Karen
Admin
Admin
Karen

WELCH Lee  - Mended with Gold Empty
MessageSujet: WELCH Lee - Mended with Gold   WELCH Lee  - Mended with Gold Icon_minitime1Ven 17 Nov - 11:54

WELCH Lee  - Mended with Gold 36522010

Mended with Gold
Lee Welch

LMR Press
Sortie le 17 novembre 2017

Quatrième de couverture :

A photographer with post-traumatic stress disorder falls for a comics artist on a wild New Zealand beach, but can he find true love when he feels so wounded by life?

Everything changed when the bomb exploded. Forty-five-year old, Alex Cox worked as an international photographer until a deadly explosion left him with post-traumatic stress disorder. Emotionally wounded, and desperate for a sense of safety, he's run all the way to wild and remote Kahawai Bay, New Zealand.

Under the worst possible circumstances, Alex meets Joe, a shy young comics artist. Joe lets Alex into his playful, gentle world of comics, and soon Alex is falling for him, hard. Alex longs for more. Joe is reticent. But is it shyness? Or does Joe not want a much older lover with 'issues'? Or is something else keeping them apart?

This is a tender and uplifting story about creativity, adversity, true love, and comics.

Lien AmazonWELCH Lee  - Mended with Gold Ir?t=auboueca-21&l=am2&o=8&a=B077365FMD

Revenir en haut Aller en bas
sri

WELCH Lee  - Mended with Gold Empty
MessageSujet: Interesting...   WELCH Lee  - Mended with Gold Icon_minitime1Ven 17 Nov - 12:19

My review:

Not a fan of the cover, it doesn't make me feel anything or give me happiness or excitement to read the story. I happened to see the title and it intrigued me. Then I googled what it means and I was really excited to see if the art of mending with gold had anything to do with the book. Then I read the blurb and I was very curious to read it and I did enjoy it.

The story is about a seasoned photographer who has seen a lot in his long life and one of those became a one too many incident and has left him reeling and recovering from PTSD. He has very specific triggers and to get away from civilisation he moves to New Zealand and starts living there where he finds this eccentric comic artist who makes a living by selling his art and lives his life very minimally.

Most of the story is about their slow friendship. They take time to get to know each other and they each have their own personal demons. They finally come together one night with a classic combination of jealousy and life-threatening situation happening at the same time. It was short sweet story.

I felt like they were friends for too long for me to see that spark between them. Like there were no explosions in my head, there was no buterfly happy feeling. Maybe I'm spoiled with all the previous books I've been reading but I wish for more passion and I didn't find that. Nevertheless, I liked the story, the characters were adorable. I wanted to adopt Joe and give him a hug.

The story gets a 3.5 rating from me.

All my love,
Sri

Revenir en haut Aller en bas

WELCH Lee - Mended with Gold
Page 1 sur 1